Playstation 3 Bluetooth remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation 3 Bluetooth remote

I don't suppose there is a way to use a Playstation 3 Blu-ray Bluetooth remote? I bought one hoping it would work. A wii remote doesn't have enough buttons and a lemur is just a tiny bit out of my price range?

Could you find a way to make this device work? It would change my life.

Thank you

RYan

Hey Ryan,

I'm working on it, it has been a while since I have been starting to think about this device.

I'll see what I can do for the next version!

Best,

Cam

Comment

I'll be happy to purchase and test it when you do.

Comment

Hello, Cam. Just checking to see if there was a possible update on this? I'm happy to field any feedback you might have about another remote device similar to this. I'm using a Mac Book Pro.

Thanks a bunch

Ryan

Comment

Hey Ryan,

I just re-read the first messages in this thread. It turns out I realize that I thought you were talking about the DualShock III remote, not the Blu-ray remote.

The DualShock III remote is based on HID. With some tweakings I have been able to pair it with my computer and use it in Quartz Composer (an application bundled with the Developer Tools). My initial goal was to support HID devices in general and provide specific support for the DualShock remote. I have still this goal in mind, but before I can do that I have some important work on the design the application before all.

I have actually never used a Blu-ray remote control, and I don't know how it works. I guess that if it follows Sony's design, it will be an HID based device, that should not be complicated to understand. I will buy one such remote and see if I can give you hints on how to use it with or without OSCulator.

Have you tried the Classic Controller extension? It provides a host of buttons that you can use in addition to the ones of the Wiimote.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Thanks. I'll try the classic controller thing. I think the device has to be a direct connection to the wii remote right? Or could I use any USB remote?

I don't have a PS3, but I think it finds the bluetooth remote through two menu selections from the console to first look for the remote and then to register the remote to the console. If these commands could be written into Osculator, it would be an awesome device. I'm sure it sounds much simpler than it would actually be and I don't know if you have to worry about Sony rights or something.

Thanks for checking

BTW, I am running a setup with Ableton, 2 wii fits, and 2 wii remotes for church worship services in our children's church, giving the kids a totally interactive music-making experience. It's been a lot of fun. Kids are so creative and dynamic.

Osculator can be used for so many things, I hope you're really proud of it.

Comment

The Classic Controller is an extension to the Wiimote.

Don't try a USB based device, it will not work!

OSCulator only support the Wiimote at the moment.

It's amazing to hear how you are making a great use of this application!

Thanks!

Comment

Any news on supporting the playstation remote? More precisely the Guitar Hero Drums & Guitar for PS3?

Comment

Hi,

I'm sorry but I can't report a lot of progress on that side.

I am able to connect and decode data from a wireless DualShock 3 remote, and by making the assumption it will be basically the same for the other Sony devices, I guess that it should not be too much work to support the remote and the Guitar Hero drums and guitar. Making all this work is unfortunately not where the most effort needs to be done.

First of all, I would like to work on a user interface to manage the availability and connection of those devices. I am aware that support of HID devices has been a long standing wish from the users, and I will eventually bring a good support for this feature.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi,

Just a quick note to let you all know that I have been able to get data from the PS3 BD Remote, and the Sixaxis.
                    I have not found yet a way turn off the LEDs of the Sixaxis, but I believe I eventually will.
                    I can't tell about the Move controller because I don't own one yet.

All this is part of the project to port OSCulator on Windows.
                    If there is enough user request, I might probably decide to retrofit the support for these two devices in the current version.

Cheers,
                    Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

Just found out about OSCulator, what an awesome bit of software! I was a little disappointed that there's no support for PS3 controllers yet as I don't have any Wii hardware. If there's an update to get PS3 controllers going I'll definitely be buying a license so I can get using OSCulator!

Thanks,

Comment

Yeah the Navigation, Move and Dualshock3 are pretty neat controllers!
                        BD Remote is not bad too if you like having many buttons.

Comment

What's the status with PS3 controller working with OSCulator?
                          I have spare PS3 controller and it would be nice add-on to my current set.
                          I just don't have time trial and error before next gig. After that i can dig in better if it needs some tweaking.

I have some app that converts PS3 controller data to keystrokes that i tried to use with games with no luck.
                          On mac as there is not much controllers for mac.

Cheers,
                          Freeks

Comment

Please read this recent answer I gave on the PS3 controller:

Comment

Working...
                            X