Multi function for the Wii mote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi function for the Wii mote

Hello there. I wonder if I in ableton live can use the wii mote with multiple functions. Example:

Left: MIDI Note C-2

Right: MIDI Note C#-2

Up: MIDI Note D-2

Down: MIDI Note D#-2

B + Left: MIDI Note E-2

B + Right: MIDI Note F-2

B + Up: MIDI Note F#-2

B + Down: MIDI Note G-2

So I want to hold B + Arrow and make a new note.

Is this possible or am i stuck with the number of botons that exists on the wiimote. Otherwise it would be a cool feat. for coming versions :P

All the best.

/Eurotrash

Hi Eurotrash,

There is a possibility to do this, but I don't know if it will behave exactly as you want.

You need to use the Latched Trigger event to activate / desactivate events from the arrow buttons.

There is an example in the Sample Patches folder that works with the Guitar Hero strum bar and neck frets, the same way as your example with arrow buttons and button B.

An example is worth a thousand words, so attached is a document that should do what you want.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi Eurotrash,

There is a possibility to do this, but I don't know if it will behave exactly as you want.

You need to use the Latched Trigger event to activate / desactivate events from the arrow buttons.

There is an example in the Sample Patches folder that works with the Guitar Hero strum bar and neck frets, the same way as your example with arrow buttons and button B.

An example is worth a thousand words, so here is a document that should do what you want.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ok cool it looks like what i want to do!

Will try it out...

Thanx for your quick answers and thanks for your time!

Comment

This is when you duplicate an event.

Take a look at this : http://www.osculator.net/doc/doku.php?id=manual:main_user_interface#edit_menu

Basically 0 > 0, means first copy of the event, 0 > 1 mean the second copy. The index is 0 based.

(That makes me think that it is not necessarily not the best option … I should think about this.)

Comment

Yes now i understand more of it. But like you say it triggers everything on 0 so two notes or more are triggerd, is that right? I wait for more thoughts then...

Comment

No, because the Latched Trigger event actually make an event enabled (the checkbox on the left of the Note event is enabled), and the another Note is disabled. Give it a try, and you'll see!

Comment

Sweet! It works like a charm... Thanx a lot

Comment

Awesome :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X