Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Michi,

No problem at all.
    The thing is, I can not help you if I have no more information on the controlling device.
    Please give more details so I don't have to guess.
    For example, you could attach your TouchOSC layout, and explain what button, fader or XY pad should do.

Cheers,
    Cam

Comment

sorry again,
      the obstacle is ie to route an incomming /1/fader1 signal from touchosc to animata (led is green) to animata localhost:7110 /anibone/"band1"/ ? value 0-2
      hm should not be impossble
      thanx michi

Comment

Alright Michi, here are the steps on how to do this:
        • First of all, register the message "/1/fader1" in OSCulator
        • Now configure the "localhost:7110" taget: open the Parameters Windows, and go to the OSC tab
        • in the table the top, double click the second line under (the first line should be your iPhone) and write "localhost:7110"
        • Now add a new OSC Routing: in the table at the botton, click the + button.
        • Change the target for this new routing: click on the menu on the left, and choose '2' (because this is the target you want to send messages to)
        • In the OSC Routing Editor, change the rewrite address to "/anibone"
        • In the Arguments, delete the <all args> token
        • Now type band1 and the press space key. This should have created a string token "band1"
        • Drag and drop the float arg token.
        • Close de Parameters Window
        • Finally, adjust the range: switch to the Scaling View (View menu, or Command-F)
        • For the line corresponding to your "/1/fader1" message, change output max to 2.0.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,
        Cam

Comment

got it running! ...THANXX for your help and patience. sorry for my ignorance and greetings fron germanistan. michi

p.s.: be back someday with the real expert questions ,-)

Comment

Great! and no worries, feel free to ask.

Comment

joints in animata

hi cam

(still rooty problems,sorry ;-) )

i try to move a "joint" in animata fron touch osc "xyPad", had it running but since i saved it all joints dissappear as soon as i touch the iphone...
              so the quesion is how to set up the data correctly :
              "/joint
              "joint1" var(0) var(1)

leads to:
              /1/xy1 # OSC Routing # 2-localhost:7110->/joint:"joint1, var[1],var[1]

and then
              Variables # variable1
              variables # variable2

as i understoud its a string comming in do i need to set the variables in 'string mode' ?
              the data comming in seem to be alright (green light)
              thanx again
              michi

perhaps you have still the wii mote example from andreas?

Comment

Hi Michi,

It seems it is setup alright.
                Have you some documentation on Animata about the /joint message? What data is it expecting?

I don't think it is a string value, just leave the "var" tokens as is and they will send a float value which should be alright.
                If you need more troubleshooting, please attach your file on your next post so I can have a look.

Best Regards,
                Camille

Comment

hi camille,
                  thanx for your concern.
                  i 've got vstill the problem of loosing the jaoint after saving and resarting the programms..
                  iphone/touchosc ->osculaator -> animata
                  i began to wonder if this behavior its from animata...

i attached a "jumping jack.zip", perhaps you could see it in a second - if its on the animata side - don't waste the time
                  thanX and regards

michi

below the info' from animata-site:

FORMATTING THE OSC MESSAGES
                  All incoming messages to Animata must be sent through port 7110. The “name” in the message refers to the name of the joint, bone or layer.
                  Moving a joint, x and y are float values:
/joint name x y
                  Control the length of a bone, value is a float between 0 and 1:
/anibone name value
                  Switch on and off a layer, on_off is 0 or 1:
/layervis name on_off
                  Set the transparency of the layer, value is a float between 0 and 1:
/layeralpha name value

The next two messages require the svn version:
                  Moving a layer in absolute mode, x and y are the position coordinates as float values:
/layerpos name x y
                  Moving a layer in relative mode, x and y is the amount of pixels you want the layer to move from it’s current position:
/layerdeltapos name x y
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey Michi,

All is fine with your files, except one thing:
                    In the Parameters Window, OSC tab, the Default Host was set to slot 2, and eventually erased the localhost:7110 entry.
                    If you simply set the default host back to slot 1, and enter localhost:7110 in slot 2, then all should work alright.
                    Attached is the corrected file.

Best,
                    Cam
                    Attached Files

Comment

touch osc -&gt;OSCulator-&gt; animata joints

hi camille thanx again!

the dissappearing bug stayed with the" right slot" BUT i found another (even better) way by try and error.
                      by doing the osc routing only in the 1/x/y row (message) /joint name arg[0], arg[1] and leave the 2 following rows blank.
                      this seems to be the right way because it needs no tweaking! all the params seem to change relatively to their former postion.

attached the patch

thanx again
                      a bientot
                      michi
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
                        Alright Michi, here are the steps on how to do this:
                        • First of all, register the message "/1/fader1" in OSCulator
                        • Now configure the "localhost:7110" taget: open the Parameters Windows, and go to the OSC tab
                        • in the table the top, double click the second line under (the first line should be your iPhone) and write "localhost:7110"
                        • Now add a new OSC Routing: in the table at the botton, click the + button.
                        • Change the target for this new routing: click on the menu on the left, and choose '2' (because this is the target you want to send messages to)
                        • In the OSC Routing Editor, change the rewrite address to "/anibone"
                        • In the Arguments, delete the <all args> token
                        • Now type band1 and the press space key. This should have created a string token "band1"
                        • Drag and drop the float arg token.
                        • Close de Parameters Window
                        • Finally, adjust the range: switch to the Scaling View (View menu, or Command-F)
                        • For the line corresponding to your "/1/fader1" message, change output max to 2.0.
                        Please let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,
                        Cam

Probably being an idiot but can you explain this please? I cannot see a float arg token only the one i have created and the presets <all args> <arg[0]> <var[0]> do you mean drag the <arg[0]> token and change to float so <f:arg>[0]

This is where i have got to:
                        Screen shot 2012-06-28 at 21.09.24.png
                        Last edited by APC; 06-28-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

For testing purposes i have called the bone 'forearm' and the joint 'wrist'.

Screen shot 2012-06-28 at 21.13.19.pngScreen shot 2012-06-28 at 21.14.11.png

If i can get this working then definately going to buy OSCulator and build a full animata model!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Probably being an idiot but can you explain this please? I cannot see a float arg token only the one i have created and the presets <all args> <arg[0]> <var[0]> do you mean drag the <arg[0]> token and change to float so <f:arg>[0]
                            This is correct, drag and drop the "arg[0]" token, click the menu attached to it, and change the token type to "as float".

Comment

For testing purposes i have called the bone 'forearm' and the joint 'wrist'.
                              Your routing looks fine, however it seems in the second screenshot of Animata that the OSC checkbox is not checked. I'm not an expert in Animata, so I can't tell if that is the problem you are having, but it would be worth checking that this option is required for OSC input to work, and that Animata is actually receiving messages you are sending.

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
                                Your routing looks fine, however it seems in the second screenshot of Animata that the OSC checkbox is not checked. I'm not an expert in Animata, so I can't tell if that is the problem you are having, but it would be worth checking that this option is required for OSC input to work, and that Animata is actually receiving messages you are sending.
                                Thanks Camille, I looked at Michi's 'benny1' example and it wasn't ticked. I hope this is the OSC listener (not sender). I'll give it a go later. Fingers crossed!
                                Last edited by APC; 07-02-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X