Using (multiple) knockoff wiimotes with OSCulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using (multiple) knockoff wiimotes with OSCulator

Hi, I'm making an interactive installation for kids, and to realize this I'm using 5 wiimotes, MaxMSP, and OSCulator.

To cut down on SOME costs, I'm using WU-brand knockoff wiimotes (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24822). They arrive in ten days but was wondering if anyone had experience with them, because there might be differences in the BT-chip, accelerometer, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Maaark,

Sounds like some fun!

My only hope is that the internal firmware of these remotes is as compatible as they claim. If you have any problem, please let me know by email, and I'll give you instructions so we can see what can be done. Anyway, my first thought is that it should be fine. Let us know!

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

Great! Will definitely keep you posted about how things progress.

Best,

Mark

Comment

Hi Camille,

Just received the wiimotes, and can't get more than one to sync with OSCulator.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Is there a more specific hint that I could use to understand what is happening?

What computer are you running OSCulator on?

It would be useful to know the bluetooth address of each knockoff Wiimotes. You can read that in the table on the top of the Wiimote drawer.

Please send me this information by email (camille at osculator dot net), and I'll give you further instructions that will help us understand the problem.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Working...
          X