Surface feedback in Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface feedback in Logic

I see that any control surfaces have their own .bundles in Logic to get feedback from the app. You can see them in the application if you select the Logic icon, "Show package Contents" and look at MIDI Device Plug-ins. Could someone make a .bundle that sends information back to OSCulator? That way we can make a control surface that works more like a Mackie Control, getting feedback from the selected channels, etc.

Or am I doing something wrong? I assume from the Logic tutorial that you can't get feedback from selected channels or fader banks?

However I want the faders to control 16 selected faders instead of hard-coded to audio tracks. I have TouchOSC routed through OSCilator. I have the 16 faders controlling a bank of 16 tracks in Logic: each fader is routed to the Volume of Fader Bank 1, Fader Bank 2, etc.

Now I want to send data back to OSCilator and TouchOSC. How do I see this information in the Environment? I can see the volume of Audio track 1 in the environment, but I want to see the volume of the first selected track instead.

Thanks for your help.

Hey Synthetic,

Yes, I've thought about the idea of making a dedicated control surface bundle for Logic, but the API used to make this kind of plug-in is private, and I've been told that it is not that easy to get information on it.

Maybe Olivier, who helped me write the tutorial you mentioned, will be able to give you an answer about your problem. He's a real expert about Logic. I will ask him to see if he has something in mind.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi

I confirm Camille'post, this API is not public, you have to ask Apple.

What is public is the logic control/ mackie control "api", it uses midi notes and midi pitchBend to transmit buttons and faders.

I don't remember how the feedback on LCD is sent, I guess some sysex.

So, if Touch OSC could send the right midi notes and pitch bend, I guess it could emulate a logic control.

AFAIR there is not hardware check like AKAI APC40, you just have to tell logic on wich midi port is the logic control

For LCD feedback you could make a midi to OSC translator with Max or PD.

olivier

Comment

Working...
      X