This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding one MIDI Out to multiple OSC Routes

This maybe something really simple and I'm just missing it but I cannot for the life of me work how to do this and is seems like its totally doable.

I have a large-ish multi-page TouchOSC layout feeding into OSCulator that is then being passed onto Traktor Pro. I have few controls that appear on several pages in the TouchOSC layouts and can use the same MIDI ch/CC which works fine for the input into Traktor but comming back out to TouchOSC OSCulator builds only one route back to the control for the first control. That is to be expected. What I cannot work out how, is to manually create the return routes that can be pointed at multiple OSC Route objects back to TouchOSC. I have the auto return route building on BTW.

Is this even possible in OSCulator or do I need to create seperate route - midi entries with unique MIDI values for each control?

Does this explanation make sense?

Hey Phill,

Yes this totally makes sense, and is a bit of a problem right now.

I am working on a new version of OSCulator that should make it much more easy to create routes back to TouchOSC. One of the new features will be to be able to import a TouchOSC file and directly create routes from the controls definitions. The another feature is that the host/port and the route specs are separated so you don't have to create a whole new entry for each routes.

Also, I am considering the possibility of supporting automatic multiple back-routings, but I'm not yet exactly sure how to handle that.

Would you be interested in trying out that new version. It would be very interesting to see if you have suggestions on how to improve the workflow before the release.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Yes I would be absolutely interested in trying / testing this.

From my perspective multiple automatic back routes would be a nice to have feature. The ability to easily create a manual additional route back to an OSCultor known Route is all that I need. No doubt as we test / experiment with the functionality new ways to use (or abuse) it will become apparent

Let me know when you have something to try out I'll be more than happy to provide feedback and bug reports as needed.

Phil

Comment

Hi Phill,

I'm in the middle of something tricky right now, but I will surely send you something in the course of the next week. I think you will appreciate the work done in order to solve the problems this forum has put into light.

Cheers,

Cam

Comment

Hello Camille,

I would be interested in being able to send multiple OSC messages as well. I am using Modul8 + OSCulator + TouchOSC and trying to create a series of buttons that are aware of each other so that a multi-toggle button series allows only one button to be selected.

best,

d

Comment

I am not exactly sure if the issue discussed here will help you, but I would be curious to explore how to make that possible.

Would you be kind enough to send me an email at camille at osculator dot net so we discuss this in further details?

Comment

Hello Camille,

Thank you for your response. I will send you an email asap.

best,

d

Comment

Hi Phil, Decrepticon,

I would suggest you try to delete the /midi mappings in your file and let OSCulator create new ones.

They should be automatically created to multiple destinations.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Multiple routes for OSC back-mappings has been implemented in OSCulator 2.10.

Comment

Working...
                  X