Touch OSC, Osculator not working with Serato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch OSC, Osculator not working with Serato

I have Touch OSC on my iphone4 and Osculator demo version on my mac but Serato is not showing up it in its midi device section. In select active MIDI inputs is set to Osculator in (8000) and the outputs have scratchlive midi in (offline) and Osculator in both checked. Touch OSC is comunicating with Osculator but they are not showing up in Serato Scratch Live.

Any ideas?

Hey there Djkevlar,

Have you tried updating your copy of Serato Scratch Live?
    I have not heard of problems communicating with this software using MIDI and OSCulator.

Cheers,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Ok so i got it "talking" with serato and controlling dial knobs but when i assign the toggles for on off buttons for efx it is not working for that.

Oh and yes I did update to the most recent version of serato.

Comment

I am having this problem as well. I cannot seem to find anything on the internet about how to solve it. I have OSCulator working with touch OSC on my iPad and can see that the two are connected and working together yet I cannot get OSCulator to show up in the MIDI devices portion of Serato. I have gotten it to work before but for some reason it does not work anymore. I even recently updated Serato in hopes that would solve the issue but it has not. Any suggestions?

Comment

Another note, in OSCulator under active MIDI outputs scratch live and OSCulator are selected. When serato is not open it shows the same thing but scratch live will have (offline) next to it so I know that OSCulator is recognizing when Serato is open yet serato does not recognize the midi divice.

Comment

Hi Toddy,

I've already had reports of Serato not being very stable regarding MIDI inputs detection.
            What version of Serato are you using?

Also, when Serato is selected as a MIDI output in OSCulator, are you able to send MIDI to Serato?
            If you select Serato as a MIDI output in OSCulator, you don't need to configure Serato to receive MIDI from OSCulator.

Best,
            Cam

Comment

I am using 2.4.3 which should be the most recent version. It does not seem to be talking with serato. I have a saved preset and none of it seems to work. When I try to map the midi it does not sync up to my ipad. Shouldn't touchosc or osculator be showing up in "connected midi devices" in serato settings?

Comment

Working...
              X