Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplication of event send. Bug ?

Hello,

Just bought OSCulator to control GarageBand with an Arturia Minilab MKII, and I'm having trouble to send some events with gate pads.
    I've configured 2 pads as MIDI CC and gate (they send value 127 when pressed the first time, nothing if kept pressed, and value 0 when released), and in OSCulator, I mapped the correct CC to /logic/transport/rewind and /logic/transport/forward, both with value f1,0.
    And to be sure, I demux'ed the two MIDI CC and registered only the "1" value, not the "0" value, and I only activated the "1" value (see first screen capture).
    I also checked with MIDI Monitor that the Minilab only sent the MIDI event once (see second screen capture).
    However, it seems that OSCulator is sending the OSC event twice each time (see third screen capture).

It is as if the OSC event is duplicated.
    I also have the same problem with other "/logic/transport" event.

Is there something that I didn't understood well, or that I'm doing bad ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Hello,

Ok, after further testing, I think I isolated the problem (and it's really seems to be a bug) : when using "Demux" on a MIDI signal that only send 0 and 127 as values, and assigning an OSC message to only one of the value, the OSCulator duplicate the OSC message and send it 2 times instead of only one.

Here is the mapping used to reproduce the bug :
    Bug.osc3

The screen captures show that only one MIDI message of each type was sent (MIDI Monitor), there's only one OSC route defined, and the OSC mapping assign the OSC message to only the "1" (127) value of a demuxed MIDI message.
    And on the log, the OSC message is really sent twice, and only on the "1" value, not on the "0" value (so it's not a mapping problem but really a duplication problem).

Hope that it will help you find and correct the bug.

Thanks a lot for your help.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
    X