Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard Shortcuts in Logic Pro

Hi all,

I have a custom Logic template that has one page dedicated to buttons that trigger keyboard shortcuts. It was working fine previously but for some reason Logic now won't recognise any keystrokes generated by OSCulator. The MIDI controllers are all working fine so I don't think it's a connectivity issue, it's more like macOS doesn't "recognise" OSCulator as a keyboard. OSCulator is behaving as expected, with the correct messages lighting up when pressed. I have tried sending the keyboard shortcuts both to Logic specifically and also "frontmost app" and having no joy either way. I've also made sure that OSCulator has "input monitoring" permissions in system prefs.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Thanks,

D

Hi D,

I had reports about this. Could you please tell me what version of macOS and Login you are using?
    Thanks!

Camille

Comment

Hi Camille,

I'm currently running macOS 10.15.7 and Logic 10.6.1

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

I believe I'm running into the same problem so confirmed here too: Running macOS 10.15.7 and Logic 10.6.1. Mojave works fine.

Comment

Hi,

I can't seem to be able to reproduce this issue.

I am testing under macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 and Logic 10.6.1.
          In the Security & Privacy preference pane, OSCulator was enabled for Accessibility.
          Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 18.50.53.png

Also, in OSCulator, the Key Combos are defined with Logic Pro as the target.

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 18.52.46.png

Best,
          Camille

Comment

Thanks for the response! I definitely have OSCulator enabled for Accessibility, and tried focusing the shortcuts to Logic. Could it be specific to Catalina?

Comment

Hi Dan,

I just tested under macOS Catalina 10.15.7, OSCulator 3.4.3 and Logic Pro 10.6.1, and was able to successfully send Key Combo and Keycode events. There must be something that differs between our test cases.

I have attached the file I use for a minimal test. You can trigger the event by simply clicking the activity led at the start of each message (/test, /test2 and /test3). The expected result is that triggering the events must toggle the visibility of the Library, or the Node Pads drawers.

Best,
              Camille
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Camille,

Bizarrely the test worked fine and my own template now seems to be working too (after I checked everything was set to Logic Pro specifically)! Apologies for wasting your time. I'll keep an eye on it if anything changes! (EDIT: It's possible that I was using an old version of my Osculator template that had the wrong mappings )

Also, on a related note - is there a quick way to send multiple key commands in sequence (sort of like a macro) from one OSC message?
                Last edited by dandandaaan; 02-22-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hi Camille, I think I'm having the same problem. I'm using open stage control and OSCulator for Logic X. I have been able to send CC and Note midi message into logic but the Key combos are not working. I tried your Keyboard Events Test, but it didn't work either, the light turns green first and then yellow. The only think that I have noticed is a small dot that turn on inside logic whenever I send the key command message. I'm attaching some screenshots.
                  (EDIT: I'm new to osculator. I'm using macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Logic Pro X 10.4.3, OSCulator 3.4.3)
                  Thanks!

-Geoffrey
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Geoffrey Cannock; 12-09-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Hi Geoffrey,

Have you tried setting the "Default Target" or individual key combo target to "Logic Pro" ? This setting occurs in the Key Combo parameters page.
                    Otherwise OSCulator sends the key combo to the frontmost application.

Best,
                    Camille

Comment

Working...
                    X