Resolume + osculator + apc40 led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolume + osculator + apc40 led

Hello guys. I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer anywhere on the forum or web. I just bought a AKAI APC40 to use with Resolume. I am able to midi map the surface and all is fine. Now I just want to tweak my setup. I am trying to run Resolume on the APC40, like Ableton Live runs on the APC40. Resolume does not out midi information like Ableton.

This is exactly what I am looking to do. midid can be sent from resolute, yet the LED will not light up. What I would like to see is for every clip that has video in Resolume, show BLUE on the APC40. when I trigger the clip, or auto play, the corresponding button turns green. Then I want to send a signal to the rotary dials to light the LEDS around them in correspondence to the level in Resolumw.

People have been doing this with BOMES, yet I do not want to spend $77 if I do not have to. I still use Osculator with Ableton and TouchOSC and would like to keep it that way.

THANKS!!!

Hi Gigalow!

It is difficult to answer as I don't own a APC40, and it is not exactly clear what you would like to do with the APC40.

I don't think OSCulator is the best tool for scripting a matrix controller. You could use it of course, but it may be tedious to configure or too complex. Other tools like PureData or Processing provide. Bomes is nice too, and can do some pretty advanced MIDI stuff.

Before you dive in making your own integration of the APC40 with Resolume, you might want to get a grasp at how MIDI is implemented on this device, just to know how to light a button, how to trigger something from a button.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X