Connect OSCulator back to Wii U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect OSCulator back to Wii U

Hi, I'm working with a pre-release game at the mo and a friend just suggested I look at OSCulator to work around there being no invert Y function implemented yet, which means it's incompatible with my brain. I've got it working correctly in the app (surprisingly easy!) but I have no idea if it's possible to route the output back to the Wii U devkit.

If so, this'd be a beautifully lateral solution to the problem and could save a whole world of pain for me over the next few weeks! Looks like a very interesting app anyway for non work related reasons so I'll definitely be having a play later on

Cheers!

Hi triffski,

Thank you for the compliments!

What platform is your devkit running on? If you are testing on an actual console, I don't see any solution. At my knowledge, there is no driver that makes the computer acts as a Wii Remote.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. It's a standard/standalone Wii U devkit and I'm just capturing video from the HDMI but the camera control is inverted. If you're correct (and you obviously know a lot more about this than me!) then I guess there's no way I can do this. I hoped that maybe assigning an output to the correct port might automagically let the Wii U see it, but I've had no luck.

My original thought was to smash it with a screwdriver/soldering iron combo attack, so maybe I'll look into that again. Ho hum...

Cheers anyhoo!

Comment

Looking at photos of the Classic Controller innards, I don't think that'd be possible either, at least without a fair bit of work and inverting my L/R too

Comment

Working...
        X