Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use command change number in OSC message.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use command change number in OSC message.

I am trying to use some Traktor F1 controllers with an external application that takes OSC.

I need to send it a command like /Preset/1 when button one is pressed e.t.c.

To save me having to create loads of command in Osculator i would like to take the cc of the incoming midi message and use that as a variable in the OSC command, however i can't see any way of doing this.

Is this not possible?

Thanks

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Sorry you can't do that with MIDI CC.
    Do you think it is possible to configure Traktor so it sends another type of MIDI message?

Cam

Comment

Yes changing to another note type is relatively easy, i am able to do:

Note
      Command Change
      Poly Pressure
      Channel Pressure
      Program Change
      Pitchbend

Which of these would work better?

Thanks

Gareth

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi Gareth,

Sorry you can't do that with MIDI CC.
      Do you think it is possible to configure Traktor so it sends another type of MIDI message?

Cam
      Last edited by gazzer82; 05-27-2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

You can use a Note, or a Poly Pressure message.

The Note message will be decoded as /midi/note/N where N is the channel number, and has 3 arguments: the pitch (integer [0, 127]), the velocity (float [0.0, 1.0]) and the trigger (integer 0 for Note-Off or 1 for Note-On).

The Poly Pressure message is decoded as /midi/aftertouch/N where N is the channel number, and has 2 arguments: the pitch (integer [0, 127]), and the pressure (float [0.0, 1.0]).

You can then parametrize your messages based on the pitch and you the last argument of each message to trigger a OSC message that uses the first argument (arg[0] token).

Please let me know if you need further help.

Comment

Working...
        X