Can OSCulator route OSC messages from TouchOSC to either logic or a 2nd ap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can OSCulator route OSC messages from TouchOSC to either logic or a 2nd ap

So what I read on the internet made it sound like it could do this but I want to make sure before I keep banging my head up against the wall trying to get it to work.

My goal is as follows:
    • I have two layouts for for two different apps (Logic and my interfaces mixing software) that can each control their respective app when loaded in TouchOSC when TouchOSC is pointed at the appropriate ip/port
    • I created a combined layout with the different components from each of the original layouts prefixed with /logic and /cuemix depending on which they went to
    • I want to be able to have TouchOSC send a message to OSCulattor and based of of the control address prefix have it route to the appropriate ip/port

Mostly I just want to know whether OSCulator can do it though any hints on how would also be much appreciated.

Hi beattyml1,

Short answer: you could do it but it would be very cumbersome to configure and difficult to maintain proper bi-directional mapping between apps.

Long answer: instead of TouchOSC, you could try using an app that lets you send messages to different OSC ports so you could have one OSC receiver per final application – that is – one OSCulator window for Logic and one another window for Cuemix. Each OSCulator instance would then be able to clearly deal with bi-directional messages. But there's still a show stopper left: you have to use the OSCulator Plugin for Logic in order to communicate with it, and this solution will again force you to define and configure each OSC routing between your TouchOSC layout and Logic. I think this would be too much work.

In the end I think your best solution would be to use two distinct controller devices like an iPad and an iPhone both running TouchOSC.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi beattyml1,

Short answer: you could do it but it would be very cumbersome to configure and difficult to maintain proper bi-directional mapping between apps.

Long answer: instead of TouchOSC, you could try using an app that lets you send messages to different OSC ports so you could have one OSC receiver per final application – that is – one OSCulator window for Logic and one another window for Cuemix. Each OSCulator instance would then be able to clearly deal with bi-directional messages. But there's still a show stopper left: you have to use the OSCulator Plugin for Logic in order to communicate with it, and this solution will again force you to define and configure each OSC routing between your TouchOSC layout and Logic. I think this would be too much work.

In the end I think your best solution would be to use two distinct controller devices like an iPad and an iPhone both running TouchOSC.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Working...
      X